The Slim Fit-Infertility Conspiracy



I do not wear Jeans pants. They are heavy, sweaty and uncomfortable. Living at 13.0827 degrees north of the Equator I do not see a sensible reason why they should be worn unless you want to fry your thighs. Well, that does not mean I am comfortable with a dhoti either. Though dhotis are the most suitable attire for tropical-humid-skin-burning-head-aching-sweat-dripping Chennai climate, I am comfortable with pants. I still remember writer Sujatha narrating the comfort of pants in his book Katradhum Petradhum – they are versatile when compared to dhotis from climbing stairs to catching buses on the run.

Though you might contest the above statement that Chettans from Kerala comfortably do those stunts with their dhotis on, let me just say that I am not as talented as them. Further, adopting a new habit at the age of twenty-five seems very odd. Enough said, as a strong proponent of Tamil identity I diligently decided to purchase pants for this Pongal which is due in ten days. I encountered a strange problem which I have never experienced before when I entered the store last week in Coimbatore.

I am not a fan of trying on clothes tirelessly in the dressing room before you purchase them. I cannot stand purchasing clothes and I finish this job in five minutes. But that day I had to make a concession because I could not find ‘normal’ pants. I hope you understand the word normal. All the pants in the section had a tag which said ‘Slim Fit’. I had to try them on to make sure that the money I shell out is worth it because I knew that it would at least be two years before I start purchasing my next couple of pants.

The first feeling I received when I ‘fit’ myself in was that there was lack of ventilation. Normal pants are free and they don’t stick to your legs. But on the other hand, this new slim fit variety boasts of a straight waist, skinny legs, open-at-the-toes to squeeze the life out of you. After few more minutes of realizing that they don’t sell ‘normal’ pants in malls anywhere, I had to walk out the store with them.


Photo Courtesy: Marco Verch

Only later that I realized that this could be another conspiracy laid open by the nexus between textile and medical corporate companies. Slim fit pants are tight and they push one’s genitals closer towards the body. As most of us know, the optimum temperature of maturation of sperms is slightly lower than the body temperature. That is exactly why male’s morphology is such that sperms are borne outside the body and balls are not hosted inside.

With more slim-fit-close-to-the-body pant, the temperature significantly increases. I know the corporate nailed us by selling Jeans pants in maximum numbers. I do not have statistics, but I definitely know that Jeans pants and fertility clinics were not on the streets in 1998. Now you would find Jeans Retail shops and fertility clinics sharing spaces not just on main roads but every other road. Now, they are successfully colonizing the ‘not-jeans’ pant domain too!

Well, I did relax after coming to learn that by returning to normal pants one could regain temporarily lost virility. When I returned home, I told my mother that for the next couple of pants, I am not walking into readymade shops anymore and I am to ‘tailor’ them. She nodded. That is one of the billion things that I told her including clearing Civil Services Examination on my first attempt. She just nods when I say something nowadays.

Well, should I adopt dhotis? I don’t know, maybe not. But I am definitely not sticking with Slim-fit pants forever. I am ready to be a responsible citizen by promoting Make in India by buying clothes of Indian Brands as I did with this pant, but I am not ready to visit Indian fertility centers for promoting Indian industry.

P.S. Happy Dhoti Day 2018

(The writer lives in Anna Nagar, Chennai)


Photo Courtesy: (External Link)

Comments

  1. Height of comedy here s d salesman lookin u wen u ask fr normal-fit !! He definitely thinks v r not consumeristically fit enough n society !! Dont decide upto my pants ohhh !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really informative Gowthi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to use this means to let the world know that all hope is not lost Getting pregnant after having tubes clamped and burned, I know IVF and Reversal could help but it way too cost, i couldn't afford it either and i so desire to add another baby to my family been trying for 5 years, not until i came across Dr.AGBAZARA TEMPLE, who cast a pregnancy/Fertility spell for me and i got pregnant.l hope that women out there who are going through the same fears and worries l went through in GETTING PREGNANT , will find your contact and be happy like me as i drop it here on this site, and solution will come to them as they contact you. Thank you and God bless you to reach him email via: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or Call/WhatsApp +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to thanks for your time for this wonderful Article!! Our aim to provide better service from another eCommerce site in Bangladesh with Fast Delivery and Easy Padmazon Shopping. Also, we ensure quality to protect our cust.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Iron Man and Thanos: Two sides of the Same Coin

I Burn