We were in Love

We were in Love

Photo Courtesy: Dennis Skley

The sound of the gavel,
Ringing in my ears
I still cannot feel,
That it finally has.

We might just be,
One in today’s hundred.
But for us, it will be,
The one day, we dreaded.

I looked across the sea,
Of black coats.
Your eyes refused to see,
Even my shadows.

When I exited the entrance
And nowhere to go
The Sky began to fall,
In a melancholic flow.

The first time we met,
Is still infant fresh.
Yet, the stage is now set,
To depart marriage mesh.

You never told me
Why you like me,
I just assume
It had to be me.
Is that the same,
Reason you hate me?
Or I shouldn’t assume,
It must be me.

Our Marital alliance was
Born out of war
What we endured was
Worse than sore

Where When What,
Nobody knows.
Love Like Lust,
Lost in Egotistic snow.
Lips and Ears Failed
To convey.
What our Eyes Used
To do one day.

Pleasure and Joy
Nowhere to find,
Pain and Agony
Now here to grind.

Our bond is null,
Just like our love,
But please do Tell,
Were not we in love?

Books we shared and,
The ensued talks.
Conversations we had and,
The sprouted fights.
Distances we travelled and,
The blossomed smiles.
Kisses we placed and,
The vanished space.

Is all of this Just,
A dream?
I hear the crest,
Of A thousand screams


Photo Courtesy: (External Link)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slim Fit-Infertility Conspiracy

Iron Man and Thanos: Two sides of the Same Coin

I Burn