I envy you


Photo Courtesy: Mark Jensen

The more I devour you the more you become,
Isn’t there a way to swallow you whole?
I envy your brightness and rightly so.

A moment you are in, and then out,
To put it simply you are everywhere.
I scale the mountains you dwarf me
You know deep trenches to sink me
I soar in the sky to be blinded by your light
Darkness is no respite as you own the night
I droop at your vastness and rightly so.

Why am I crude?
Though I sharpen my weapons,
Can’t I beat you good?
As I follow my sessions.
Maybe I get it all wrong?
Maybe I will never get it right.
I wow at your knots and rightly so.

Romancing you is way beyond joy
Which I desire
Till my last breath
Trailing you is a never-ending ploy
The sole reason
I postpone my death
I love your flatness and rightly so

All times I feel
 I am too small
I lift my heel,
Yet too short.
The Firefly has no answers to the Sun
When you tease, I don’t run
I only keep my calm and smile back 
I envy your brightness and rightly so.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slim Fit-Infertility Conspiracy

Iron Man and Thanos: Two sides of the Same Coin

I Burn